Using 2 Workmate vice benches to saw logs.

I had to saw some logs today so that they fitted in our multi fuel burner and came up with this idea to hold them steady.

log placed in; and cut.




I found out that when a log isn't straight it moved when the saw began cutting as the table on the bent side couldn't grip it so I just turned the table a little and tightened the vice on the straight piece. Before I thought this idea up I was using a home made saw horse that I made out of old decking boards designed in the V way. I was dreading dragging this thing out from the back of my shed to use and often the logs moved. so I dismantled it; I wish I had a photo to show you but I have dismantled it and I am thinking of making bird boxes out of the boards for next spring. I hope this idea is interesting to you. I got through some medium and small branches from a maple tree, and actually enjoyed doing it as everything went OK.



Comments

Popular Posts