Modifying a router table.

Hello folks, sorry not been on here for a bit but I am doing a bit of decorating; however, I have been putting some of my hoarded wood to good use. I have used some old boards to box this router table in.
I took the legs off and replaced them with boards; I used some of the existing holes that the legs were screwed into and drilled some more. This is what I have come up with
This is the end view, the spanner is the one I use for taking and placing the router under the table.

 The table that it is on is for another project that I will tell you about another day. However, the board is what it will be on. I have left the back open so that I can see the height of the router gauge when I leaver the router up and down as it is impossible to press it down to get the correct height for the bit; even with the original leg table. Note on the following pictures that I have hinged the back so that I can lift it in order to unbolt and bolt the router on and off the table. I have used an old set of lifting door hinges so that I can slide the box / router on and off. I am making a simple lift which will be a leaver fixed to the two knobs that you press down when using the router free hand; that I will show you in a few days as I am busy fixing new skirting boards in our living room that we have just had re-plastered. I will also be putting a couple of clips on the front to keep it down when working.






Comments

Popular Posts