Building a bike trailer out of my hoard of 'It may come in handy some day'.

Hello, I am back in one day, typing this with paint on my hands; do you like the paint job? I tied it up to the rafters on my pagoda sort of shelter where I do most of my work. I built this out of wood I had given to me by a firm who were building an extension on the Old Vicarage and the English Heritage Inspectors came along and made them rip all the brand new rafters off as the new roof didn't come up to what the Heritage people considered a match for the old building. I put a good deal to the foreman; "Do you want me to take that wood off your hands rather than pay lots of money for the hire of skips? As you must have already paid out a vast amount of money to replace it all," I said, he even felt sorry for me pushing it home tied to a sack barrow with long beams on my shoulders and brought most of it to my house for me in his large van; the director of finances and purse strings had the car. On the bicycle seat pics you will see a perfectly good trailer that I can tow on the back of the car; but, as I rarely get to drive it I have to use Shanks's pony.   
The chasses looks like its floating doesn't it. It kept spinning round so I snapped it at different angles, I won't be altering it again so the paint won't get scuffed off like before. The paint is 'Smooth Rite' , I have a massive tin of it that I bought about 17 years ago and it was one of my few belongings that I brought with me from my own house and other life. Before I was posh; well living in a posh area anyway.





Below are a few pics of the bicycle end of the business, this as you can see is another caster wheel housing that will turn when the bicycle changes direction, the other end I showed earlier which is to allow the trailer to stay with the wheels on the ground when the bicycle turns. I have a tow bar that I need to drill holes in for the bolts to go through.





Right, that's it peoples until maybe tomorrow if the Director of household chores and finances allows me out to do it. She has already said something about us 2 clearing the garage up. I wanted to do it myself as I have to watch she doesn't chuck stuff in the rubbish bag that I may need one day. Anyway, next time it should be ready for the dummy run, minus box and dog with this dummy on the bicycle. Then I only have to bolt the box to the chasses. I am trying to invent a quick way of putting the box on one day and having a flat goods trailer the next.
I'll be back soon as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts